Celebrating the season of Lent 2017
By Stephanie Zakhem
“Lent is a new beginning, a path leading to the certain goal of Easter, Christ’s victory over death. This season urgently calls us to conversion. Christians are asked to return to God “with all their hearts” (Joel 2:12), to refuse to settle for mediocrity and to grow in friendship with the Lord. Jesus is the faithful friend who never abandons us. Even when we sin, he patiently awaits our return; by that patient expectation, he shows us his readiness to forgive. – from Pope Francis’ message for Lent 2017.
With the start of Lent today, CPCO would like to provide calendar resources and other Lenten materials for Principals and Vice-Principals.
- Ash Wednesday: March 1, 2017
- Palm Sunday: April 9, 2017
- Holy Week: April 9 – 15, 2017
- Holy Thursday: April 13, 2017
- Good Friday: April 14, 2017
- Easter Sunday: April 16, 2017
List of resources:
- Message of His Holiness Pope Francis for Lent 2017 (Canadian Conference of Catholic Bishops)
- CRS Rice Bowl Educator’s Guide (Catholic Relief Services)
- Lent, Holy Week & Easter Season (Archdiocese of Toronto)
- ‘True Christians have cheerful faces and eyes full of joy’ (Vatican Radio)
We encourage our followers to share how you observe Lent via social media. Connect with us on Twitter at @CPCOTweet — we would love to hear from you.