Celebrating the season of Lent 2017
By Stephanie Zakhem
“Lent is a new beginning, a path leading to the certain goal of Easter, Christ’s victory over death. This season urgently calls us to conversion. Christians are asked to return to God “with all their hearts” (Joel 2:12), to refuse to settle for mediocrity and to grow in friendship with the Lord. Jesus is the faithful friend who never abandons us. Even when we sin, he patiently awaits our return; by that patient expectation, he shows us his readiness to forgive. – from Pope Francis’ message for Lent 2017.
With the start of Lent today, CPCO would like to provide calendar resources and other Lenten materials for Principals and Vice-Principals.
- Ash Wednesday: March 1, 2017
- Palm Sunday: April 9, 2017
- Holy Week: April 9 – 15, 2017
- Holy Thursday: April 13, 2017
- Good Friday: April 14, 2017
- Easter Sunday: April 16, 2017